QuickBooks Online File Preparation
The online version of QuickBooks is an attractive option. There’s not much attractive about the conversion process, however. So the actual breakdown of tasks required to transition from the software to the online version may not be as simple as many business users would like
You can only import QuickBooks Desktop data within the first 60 days of your QuickBooks Online company. Your QuickBooks Desktop file will also replace your entire QuickBooks Online file and overwrite any existing information.
Here are some further limitations:
- You must be an Administrator user on your QuickBooks Online account.
- QuickBooks Online doesn’t support importing multi-currency or international versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your QuickBooks file must be under 350,000 targets (file size does not matter). To trim it down, see Trimming your QuickBooks Windows file for import. If you are over this limit, you will only be given the option to import your lists.
- If you receive any errors regarding the file you’re importing, see Errors Importing to QuickBooks Online.
- For a complete list of Import Limitations, see why some data doesn’t come over from QuickBooks desktop. To determine how many targets are in your file, press F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard, then check Total Targets under File Information.
- If you exceed the size limit, you'll need to condense your file to successfully import it to QuickBooks Online.
Does your QuickBooks data file have too many years of data which in turn is causing the file size to be too big to export to QuickBooks Online? Did you clear your Audit Trail to bring down the file size? E-Tech’s QuickBooks Online File Preparation Service will prepare your data file to be under the file size limit of QBO so it can be converted without any problems.
E-Tech will also remove the audit trail, optimize and condense your data file so it is within the limits to be exported to QuickBooks Online. The service will copy all your data into a brand new data file and will remove any corruption or data errors from the file.